Breaking OUt.

Breaking OUt.
Only a dead fish goes with the flow.

Monday, October 19, 2009

At the strike of 12.


I have always been an avid music enthusiast. My taste can be perfectly described as ecclectic. I can listen to anything, although i do have my favorite music genres and this includes jazz, house, pop, r&b, and most recently electronica. I have recently discovered the beauty of indie electronic music. Although some are too over-the-top for my taste, i have found myself being pulled into the hypnotic, groovy, shake-your head-and-ass melody of more than a few of these electronic pop gems. Some of my favorites artists under these genre are Alphabeat, Black Kids, Metric, Chew Lips, Copacabana Club, Frank Music, Ali Love, Astro Nuts, and BMX.

One group i discovered is called The Twelves - -a duo of Brazilian Disc Jockeys who never fail to churn out electronica mixes that are just plain AWSOME!!! I love these guys to bits. Here are a few of my favorites. One is a song by Metric and it is just divine. Another one is from the group Black Kids which is entitled "I'm Not Gonna teach Your Boyfriend How to Dance", its 80's influence is undeniable, but you're made out of stone if you don't find yourself dancing shamelessly to this one. So buffer up and enjoy!









No comments:

Post a Comment